The Preza fortress is built on a rock that extends down to the north-south. The eastern side of the castle is protected from the ground, while the western side constitutes a flat territory, therefore the fortification is centered precisely on this part.
Plateau Precaution Plan
The castle has a quadrilateral planimeter with 80 x 50 m ribs. It is strengthened through the four-tower corner with circular planimeters. On the west wall to strengthen more fortifyers of the castle system, as this part is more exposed and less protected against attacks, and has a considerable distance between the towers, a quadrangle tower is built up and out of the wall. On the south side, another quadrangular tower was built to protect the single entrance of the castle. This tower is strengthened by the yard in its composition. At the fortress we have four different stages of construction. The first period relates to the fortification of the castle, the second relates to the reconstruction of the surrounding walls, the third concerns the constructions that have been made within the surrounding walls, and the fourth phase relates to the construction of a clock tower that has nothing to do with the system fortify, but belongs to a later period. The first period belongs to only the surrounding walls, which are stored at different altitudes. On a wall in its thickness is a wooden platform that serves for the movement of fighters. For the Protection of the Castle were the turfs that are present in all lands. All the walls of the castle were controlled by the tire and its entrance. The castle had only one entry. It is located in the middle of the south side of the circle circle, between the towers 1 and 2. To make the entrance secure, it is protected by a quadrilateral tower. The gate of the castle closes from above with the extending cylindrical lintel. Starting from the small surface of the castle, the authors think that it should not have served for housing, but there was only a barrack function.
Its small dimensions and the unsurpassed durability of the surrounding walls classify this castle as an object that has served to monitor the important economic and military roads that pass below it, in the area of Tirana.
Marin Barleti gives us the first aid in her dating. In the section dealing with the arrival of the Turkish army and siege of Kruja, he mentions the area of Tirana between the city of Kruja and the town of Partheni. Below he says that this town was called Prezë and was turned into a ruin. This designation of the Tirana field made by M, Barleti seems to be quite accurate and leaves no room for doubt.
The mention is mentioned later in an anonymous report of 1570. This relation refers to the reconstruction that became a Turkish castle. The problem of dating the castle was quite difficult. But her mention in a miserable condition by Barleti, shows that it must have been built before Kruja enclosures by the Turks. This classifies the anonymous information of 1570 as incorrect. As mentioned above, in 1466, according to Barlet, it had become a ruin. To attain this state of destruction, it must be abandoned long ago, so at the beginning of the Skanderbeg war. The reason for her abandonment might have been her inability to resist long-range fighting and encirclement. As a likely time, Preza’s construction could have been the beginning of the century. XV from the principality of Topias, which was the owner of this area.
The albanian and explorer Hahn when he moved to the area described:
The castles themselves are located on the highest peak of the hollow hollow that lies between these two valleys. The part of this different statue that originally meets in this place is called Varosh and it is said that the city has been located here in ancient times
According to the author Papajani this castle was abandoned in the time of John Kastrioti, and later was not rebuilt anymore. After the invasion of Kruja by the Ottomans, there were some reconstructions, and a building was built.